Sunday, March 16, 2008

Small Space Indoor Garden: AeroGarden

garden-1


While visiting the Home and Garden Show on Saturday I stopped by the Harvest Moon Indoor Gardening Inc. booth. The first thing I noticed was the abundance lush green plants, a nice feat for March.

They were showing a wide assortment of horticultural lighting and hydroponics set-ups. The one thing that really stood out to me was the AeroGarden, see the photo at top.

I had previously seen the AeroGarden on the web, but never growing right in front of me. I was assured that they were indeed 23 days old, like the sign said. I was impressed by the construction, quality and over all ease of use of the unit.

If you are not familiar with the AeroGarden, it is a small-sized all-in-one hydroponic growing system. Perfect for growing herbs, vegetables or flowers right in your home. The unit has all the green thumbs you’ll need built in. It supports the plants and suspends the roots in the base where they receive the proper mixture of oxygen, water and nutrients. The upper portion of the AeroGarden contains the growing light, which easily rises as the plants spring to life. The unit can be set for the particular type plant you are growing. This little garden wonder even tells you when you need to add additional water or nutrient tablets.

If your looking for lush green in you small space, the AeroGarden may be just what you need. I currently grow herbs on a windowsill in my kitchen. With this unit I could move my cooking garden away from the natural light and brighten up another corner of my home.

0 comments: