Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Small Space Hydration: Lifesaver Bottle.

lifesaver
>

At one time I was quite into hiking. I would take off for weekends and just walk away from everything. But years and other factors have taken away my adventure edge.

I was always striving for lightweight gear to minimize what I needed to be haul. Hydration, as always, was a heavy or risky component to any long hike. The Holy Grail of hydration has forever been a self-contained filter container combination.

Well the Grail has been found. The Lifesaver Bottle by Lifesaver Systems is a remarkable piece of technology. This little wonder takes suspect water in one end and provides clean tasteless drinking water out the other end.

The Lifesaver removes all bacteria, parasites, fungi, and other microbiological waterborne pathogens. And it does it all without chemicals. To make the Lifesaver totally foolproof, it will also shut off the filtering cartridge when it can no longer function to prevent possible contamination.

Not inexpensive at near $400, but for hiking or as a disaster kit option it’s a great deal.

1 comments:

Doug Cloud said...

As a gadget freak I'm almost tempted. Heck, I dropped that much on my Dyson (lol).