Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Even More Small Space Grillin’: Baja BBQ Firepack

baja-bbq


So by now my love of all things grilled has been well established. I just enjoying grilling — at the cottage it is a integral part of my summer.

I have also covered the fact that I prefer the flavor of charcoal vs. gas grilling. I am aware of the arguments over the environmental impact of charcoal vs. gas, but I am still a charcoal man.

Having said that, if there is a way to lessen the environmental impact of using charcoal, I’m game. That’s where Lazzari comes in with their Baja bbq Firepack. A great deal of VOCs are released by the lighter fluid commonly used to start charcoal grills. The Baja bbq Firepack eliminates the use of lighter fluid. The pack is a 100% recycled biodegradable paper pack that holds 2 pounds of natural lump charcoal. The package is formed with an integrated chimney that stokes up perfect hot coals without the use of additional chemicals.

You simply light the bottom of the pack, slap it in your grill, and let the package burn away starting the coals.

I’m all about grilling, and simple greener grilling is definitely the way to go.

2 comments:

faefae said...

Handy!

You can also go old-school:
http://www.grillchamp.com/howto/startingCharcoal.php

but the Baja starter kit would be really handy for an outing or weekend camping trip. Nothing to clean up & take home with you. :-D

Anonymous said...

I like that it is self contained. No big dirty bags of charcoal.