Sunday, August 17, 2008

Small Space Book Chair by Annika Schmidt

book chair 350

As you are all aware, I love multi-function furniture. Although this piece is just for sitting, it can be used in several different ways making it multi-functional in my book.

I stumbled across this chair one night while looking at some other pieces by Annika Schmidt. I am entirely enamored with it — the colors, the textures, the whole presentation. I also enjoy lounging about on the floor with a pillow, and this chair looks like just my sort of seat.

chair in use 350

The chair is made of various fabrics/materials including batting, felt and I think bent plywood. I love the idea of just flipping trough it to find the perfect height for you. Flat or against a wall, the possibilities are endless.

14 comments:

KMP Furniture said...

Wow !! it's so nice !! I will present it to my little Brother

Sarah said...

I love this chair!!!!!! It would be great for my two kids, they could each take a side of the book :)

angelgrotton said...

what a great idea )))

Lakelandmom said...

I've never seen such a thing, how unique. Thanks for sharing, I like your site.

Lakelandmom said...

You haven't posted in a while. Are you planning on posting anything new? If so, I'm looking forward to it. Thanks

deco said...

not bad at all! It's like a laundry basket piled in front of the TV :))

ThreadBeaur said...

That is very different. Very fun! Great find.

Bravewolf said...

Hope that you come back soon!

Aparna said...

Very nice chair. windows hosting | Website Hosting

dpanupam said...

Thanks for this nice post. Web Designer

Anonymous said...

this looks ridiculously uncomfortable...

Bean said...

Now I just need to figure out how to make one of these for myself!

Anonymous said...

i am thinking what to use to make one... a temp one could be made of cardboard boxes and old pairs of jeans and some pillows... a foldable chair like this could be a table or a chair at will...

custom kitchens said...

This is yet another lovely idea...and the comfortable simple chair could be demolished anytime wanted I am sure.